Skip To Main Content

Student Health

All students, new and returning, must complete their immunization requirements for school. The health services staff at your campus will be able to review your students’ immunization records and offer you locations to obtain immunizations if they are needed.

Immunizations are also available by appointment at:
Texas Department of State Health Services:
217 Williams St., Marlin, TX, 76661  or
225 W. Waco Dr., Suite 201, Waco, TX 76706 

My child had the shots you say he/she is missing. Didn’t the doctor’s office send it to you?
No. Your doctor’s office does not send your student’s health information to the school. When your child gets their vaccinations, please ask for a copy and bring it to your campus clinic.

I do not want my child to get the required vaccines, is there a paper I can sign?
Yes. You must apply for an affidavit from the Texas Department of State Health Services. All forms are mailed to you. Affidavits must be notarized (including the parent signature and the vaccines exempt for your student) and turned in to the campus clinic. These affidavits expire every two years and can take 7-10 days to arrive. Please plan accordingly. The website is:

Don’t you check the state immunization registry (Immtrac)?
Yes. We check Immtrac whenever possible. Parents must opt-in to the state registry for immunizations, which is done through your physician’s office. We do not input data into the state registry, so we cannot guarantee it has the most current information. Please continue to provide your individual student’s immunization records to the campus clinic.

My child has an appointment for their vaccinations on exclusion day or the day after exclusion day. Can they come to school until the appointment?
No. Unfortunately, they cannot be in school until the vaccines have been given and the campus clinic has the updated record.

Do you all notify parents when shots are due for our children?
Yes. We notify families via email, mail, telephone, and by sending letters with your student. Please make sure your home and email addresses, as well as phone numbers, are up to date in the school system. You can update those with the campus registrar.

Why do you care if I vaccinate my child?
The Texas Administrative Code, Title 25 Health Services, §§97.61-97.72 sets the minimum standards for school immunization requirements. All Texas schools and child-care facilities must follow these requirements.

For medical reasons, my child cannot receive the vaccines that are required. What should I do?
Talk with your physician. If your physician feels the vaccines are medically contradicted, then the physician can write a medical exemption. The medical exempt is valid for 1 year unless the physician writes it as a lifelong exemption. The physician’s written exemption must be turned into the school clinic.

My child has practice before school. Can they attend practice and go home before school starts?
No. They cannot attend any school-related functions, UIL events, or ride the bus, starting the day of exclusion. This remains in effect until updated immunization information is delivered to the school clinic.

Please click here for vaccination information/Por favor presione aqui para informacion de bacunas.
Clicik here to visit the Department of Health Website for more information on exemptions 

Falls Community Hospital and Clinic can give you more information about the influenza vaccine (click here).